I love church, and I love how every once in a while, when I least expect it, something just speaks to me. The above video is of "Revelation Song". The words give me chills especially the chorus:

Holy Holy Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is
And is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore you

As a Christian, Easter is a pretty big deal. It's the day when Jesus delivered on his prediction to rise from the dead after dying on the cross for our sins. His sacrifice speaks not just of his love for us, but of God's love for us.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever should believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
-John 3:16

As if that wasn't enough, God continues to show us his love everyday in many ways. If he had fingerprints they would be all over my life, marks of how he not only effects everything he touches, but he is in supreme control.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

I realize I am taking this grossly out of context, but I think that this verse stands alone as a promise that God continues to fulfill if you believe and trust in him. I don't believe it promises that I might always see everything in my life as charmed or perfect. Instead, to me, it seems more like, no matter how bad a situation might get, although I don't know the outcome, God is in control and whatever I go through, is to help me be a better and stronger person.

There is a lot to the Easter story; murder, betrayal and politics. The important thing to know though, is that God gave up his son, to die a painful death for our sins and three days later, Jesus did something no one else can claim: He defeated death, fulfilling the prophecy and proving once more that he was the one and only son of God. That is why I believe and trust in Jesus, and that is why I can live a happy, positive life. I know God is in control.

Happy Easter. He is Risen.