When you lose weight, it's hard to see yourself objectively. No matter how much the scale goes down, or clothes get too big, or how many activities get easier to do, sometimes all a person wants is to see results. And honestly, when you change little by little every day, it is hard to notice. I look in the mirror and I see the same thing every day, the same flaws, the same scars, the same shape. And as much as I'm doing this because I want to be a healthier person, and I want to be healthy when I have kids and I want to share with other people how being a healthier person cannot only be fun but tasty, sometimes I just want to *see* the change in myself.

Sometimes, I want to be able to look in the mirror and see that I'm slimmer or more toned but I can't. I mean, occasionally I feel slimmer but I don't see it, I literally can't see a change. I still just look like me. In a weird way, as I've lost weight, I've become more vain about how I look and I've put more effort into my look because the better I feel about how I look, the more I work at it.

In the past two days, I've gotten separate compliments from people who hadn't seen me for a good while. "Wow, you look great, like a whole other person." It makes me wish I could see some of my friends less, because it is such a motivator to know that the changes I continue to make in my life are resulting in a noticeable change, even if I don't see it and it is a great push to keep me going until I *can* see the change in myself.