After a week of eating a little crazy; fried foods, ice cream, sugary drinks, and desserts, my body was ready to get back to "normal" eating. In the past 4 months my "normal" eating has become fresh veggies and fruits, lean meats, water, water and more water. It has been healthier, more whole and natural foods with a real emphasis to try and stay away from fried foods, high calorie foods and high processed foods.

It's amazing how satisfying a salad with grilled chicken can be when your body is craving greens. Spring and summer are the ultimate in light veggie dishes and Joseph proved it last night when he made me Skinny Taste Pasta Shells w/ Asparagus and Marinara. And let me tell you, to hear him say "We don't need chicken with this, it is going to be great on its own" is a miracle. If this were a year earlier and I suggested a meatless meal he would have looked at me like I was crazy.

There is just something about the warmer months that has me wanting to indulge in fruits and veggies, meals that don't involve a lot of cooking or a lot of work. Salads have become my best friend, especially since I've been experimenting with making my own salad dressings. That helped me discover my love of Red Wine Vinegar. I've been hunting around for a herb growing kit because I really want fresh herbs. I'm craving fresh and natural foods and at this point, I would rather choose a nice fresh salad over a delicious cheeseburger.

And with that said, tomorrow night we are having hot dogs for dinner. The things I do for my awesome husband.